- This event has passed.
Embracing the Feminine Role of – Mary Magdalene as Guardian at the Threshold
March 9 @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm CST
Embracing the Feminine Role of – Mary Magdalene as Guardian at the Threshold – with Lauri Ann Lumby, Author, Mentor, Educator, and Mystic Sign up for the series of three to receive her course “Discovering the Goddess through Biblical Women.”
About this Class:
One of the long-forgotten and under-appreciated roles of the Feminine is that of Guardian at the Threshold. Up until more recent times, it was the feminine who stood at the gateways between life and death. As midwives, healers, comforters, and grievers, women took on the roles of bringing children into the world, caring for the sick, and tending to the dying. Since ancient times, women have given voice and action to grief through the sacred rituals of keening and wailing and officiated over rituals for the dead.
In this master-course we will:
· Examine Mary Magdalene’s role of Guardian at the Threshold in the Jesus story.
· Explore the historical role of the Feminine in the portals between life and death.
· Challenge our culture’s current attitudes around death and dying.
· Reclaim the sacred honoring of threshold times.
· Discern how we are called to be Guardian at the Threshold.